Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Azure security and management (40518G)
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop:
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to design and implement security and management solutions in Azure including inventory tracking and management, application performance monitoring , preventative maintenance and application and security alerting.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Azure security and management
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Azure security and management
- Configure Azure automation
- Build CloudShop environment
- Build and configure Azure Security Center and Azure Management
- Instrument CloudShop using Azure Application Insights
- Explore Azure Security and Operations Management, Application Insights and build a dashboard