Create, Secure, and Publish APIs with IBM API Connect v2018 (WD514G-SPVC)
This course is also available as classroom course Create, Secure, and Publish APIs with IBM API Connect v2018 (WD514G).
This course teaches you how to create, publish, and secure APIs with IBM API Connect V2018. You build Node.js API applications with the LoopBack framework. You define API interfaces according to the OpenAPI specification. You assemble message processing policies and define client authorization schemes, such as OAuth 2.0, in the API definition. You publish APIs and make them available on a secure gateway and on the Developer Portal.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
This course is designed for API developers: software developers who define and implement API operations.
Before taking this course, you should successfully complete course VY102G, Developing REST APIs with Node.js for IBM Bluemix (no longer available).
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Create APIs in API Connect
- Implement APIs with the LoopBack Node.js framework
- Create message processing policies that transform API requests and responses
- Authorize client API requests with security definitions
- Enforce an OAuth flow with an OAuth 2.0 API security
- Publish, and test APIs on the API Connect cloud