Designing HP Data Center and Cloud Solutions, Rev. 15.11 (00936427)
The Designing HPE Data Center and Cloud Solutions course teaches the participant to identify, describe, differentiate, design and demonstrate HPE Helion and HPE Helion Cloud System solutions. This is accomplished based on identified customer needs, the associated ROI/TCO, and the customer's current IT infrastructure. Upon its completion of the course, you are be able to; demonstrate a broad understanding of capabilities of data center solutions based on HPE Helion. Explain the market position of HPE Helion Understand the competition in the Cloud space you gain expertise in designing, managing and deploying HPE Cloud System Foundation and Enterprise via hands-on labs.
Ideal candidate for this course
Typical candidates for this course are HPE employees, partners and customers who need to learn how to describe, position, recommend, select, demonstrate, and design data center solutions, based on the HPE Helion. The participant has a good understanding of the individual HPE Helion Cloud System components, including; HPE servers HPE storage HPE networking IT operations Power and cooling Software Security Services
This course prepares you to:
- Have a successful conversation with a customer about infrastructure convergence, cloud, HPE Helion, and the reasons for moving toward a cloud enabled environment.
- Describe Open Stack technologies.
- Explain how HPE is involved with Open Stack and how it contributes to Open Stack projects.
- Explain how HPE reference architectures help simplify the complexities of building the next-generation data centers.
- Articulate the business value of HPE Helion.
- Describe the HPE Helion Cloud System 9 Foundation and Enterprise architecture.
- Match HPE solutions to customer requirements for moving forward to cloud solutions.
- Use HPE tools to assess a customer initial state of the IT environment, determine the desired state, and plan the journey to get there.
- Help a customer plan and design the right HPE Converged Infrastructure and cloud solution.
- Manage a private cloud infrastructure by using HPE Cloud System Operations Console (OpsConsole).
- Create provider and tenant networks.
- Check available resources by using an Open Stack (Horizon) portal.
- Create, manage, and publish compute, network, and storage services for users to deploy.
- Explore and manage the HPE Helion Cloud System Enterprise Marketplace Portal (MPP).
Module 1: Review of the Navigating the Journey to Cloud course
- Describe and explain the topics that were covered by the Navigating the Journey to Cloud course
- Answer a series of questions to move forward to the next module, or review foundational cloud and HP Helion topics
Module 2: Open Stack Fundamentals
- Describe Open Stack and its core technologies
- Use Open Stack terminology correctly
- Draw and discuss the Open Stack conceptual and functional architecture
- Explain how HP is involved with Open Stack and how it contributes to Open Stack projects
Module 3: HPE Reference Architectures
- Define what an HP reference architecture is and describe the function it provides
- Explain how HP client virtualization reference architectures simplify the complexities inherent in client virtualization
- Describe the Hadoop reference architectures and list their benefits
- Explain how to visit the HP Active Answers website to find HP reference architectures
Module 4: HPE Helion Cloud System 8 Architecture
- Articulate the business value of the common HP Helion architecture
- Highlight the main HP Helion Cloud System 8 Foundation features
- Draw and explain the HP Helion Cloud System 8 architecture
Module 5: Implementing the Plan
- Match HP solutions to customer requirements for moving forward to cloud solutions
- Explain how to use HP One View to manage an HP Converged Infrastructure and cloud environment
- Name the appropriate HP consulting and support services for HP Converged Infrastructure and cloud solutions
Module 6: Customer Engagement Tools
- Explain the value of HP assessment and configuration tools to your customer
- Use these tools and their output effectively to help your customer plan and design HP Converged Infrastructure and cloud solutions
Module 7: HPE Converged Infrastructure Management Tools
- Provide an overview of HP One View features and functions
- Provide an overview of the updated features and functions of HP Insight Control server provisioning (ICsp)
- Describe the integration of HP One View with HP ICsp
Module 8: HPE Helion Cloud System 8 Enterprise
- Describe the components and functionality of HP Helion Cloud System 8 Enterprise
- Use HP Helion Cloud System 8 Enterprise to manage the Marketplace service offerings, create a service design and deploy an offering, and configure multi-tenancy
Module 9: Planning and Designing HPE Converged Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions
- Prepare a proposal for an HP Converged Infrastructure or cloud solution
- Explain HP Helion Cloud System 8 licensing
- Describe an HP Customer Intent Document (CID) and explain its purpose, benefits, and who is responsible for its creation
- Describe the HP Helion Cloud System sizing and configuration process.