Delta - Designing HPE Data Center and Cloud Solutions, Rev. 16.11 (01046079)
The Delta-Designing HPE Data Center and Cloud Solutions course teaches the participant to identify, describe, differentiate, design and demonstrate HPE Helion and HPE Helion CloudSystem solutions. Upon its completion of the course, you are be able to;
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of capabilities of data center solutions based on HPE Helion.
- Explain the market position of HPE Helion
- Understand the competition in the Cloud space
You gain expertise in designing, managing and deploying HPE CloudSystem Foundation and Enterprise via hands-on labs.
Typical candidates for this course are HPE employees, partners and customers who need to learn how to describe, position, recommend, select, demonstrate, and design data center solutions, based on the HPE Helion. The participant has a good understanding of the individual HPE Helion CloudSystem components, including;
- HPE servers
- HPE storage
- HPE networking
- IT operations
- Power and cooling
- HP ASE - Data Center and Cloud Architect V1 , or
- HP ASE - Data Center and Cloud Architect V2
- Working knowledge individual converged infrastructure components
- Working knowledge of virtualization, OneView, and Insight Control server provisioning
- HPE Helion CloudSystem Foundation 8.x and HPE CloudSystem Enterprise 8.x
This course prepares you to:
- Have a successful conversation with a customer about infrastructure convergence, cloud, HPE Helion, and the reasons for moving toward a cloud-enabled environment.
- Describe OpenStack technologies.
- Explain how HPE is involved with OpenStack and how it contributes to OpenStack projects.
- Explain how HPE reference architectures help simplify the complexities of building the next-generation data centers.
- Describe the HPE Helion CloudSystem 9 Foundation and Enterprise architecture.
- Manage a private cloud infrastructure by using HPE CloudSystem Operations Console (OpsConsole).
- Create provider and tenant networks.
- Check available resources by using an OpenStack (Horizon) portal.
- Create, manage, and publish compute, network, and storage services for users to deploy.
- Explore and manage the HPE Helion CloudSystem Enterprise Marketplace Portal (MPP).
Module 1: A Closer Look at HPE Helion OpenStack
- Describe OpenStack and its core technologies.
- Use OpenStack terminology correctly
- Draw and discuss the OpenStack conceptual and functional architecture
- Explain how HPE is involved with OpenStack and how it contributes to OpenStack projects
- Recognize the main components and benefits of the HPE Helion Platform
- Explain how HPE Helion Rack provides value for customers
Module 2: A Closer Look at CloudSystem Foundation-Architecture and Installation
- Describe HPE Helion CloudSystem.
- List components of the architecture
- Explain networking in HPE CloudSystem 9.0.
- Identify best practices to ensure security in the HPE CloudSystem environment
- Outline the steps for installing HPE CloudSystem 9.0.
Module 3: A Closer Look at CloudSystem Foundation-Management and Administration
- Explain how to manage the HPE CloudSystem Foundation appliances.
- Describe the process of launching your first VM instance.
- Identify different ways to monitor resource usage, allocation, and health
Module 4: A Closer Look at CloudSystem Enterprise
- Describe the HPE CloudSystem Enterprise architecture and components.
- Provide an overview of the installation, configuration, and management of HPE CloudSystem Enterprise.
- Recognize how HPE CloudSystem Enterprise integrates with HPE OneView and HPE CloudSystem Matrix.
- Demonstrate the flow of service provisioning in HPE CloudSystem Enterprise.