Red Hat Ceph Storage for OpenStack Technologies (CEPH130)
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Create a Red Hat Ceph Storage RBD client
- Deploy the Red Hat Ceph Storage RADOSGW
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Glance
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Cinder
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Keystone
Audience and prerequisites
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and developers wishing to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage within the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environment.
Prerequisites for this course
IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
Outline for this course
- Introduction to storage systems, overview of Ceph, explanation of Ceph design, architecture, and components.
- Overview of architectural requirements, role of core RADOS components, and Ceph Gateway (RADOSGW).
Ceph block storage
- Understand Ceph Storage Cluster (RADOS) and Ceph Snapshots.
- Learn how to clone and cache with Ceph Block devices.
- Understand and configure RADOSGW instances.
Ceph and OpenStack
- Identify OpenStack components and versions.
Integrate Ceph with Glance
- Understand, locate, and integrate Glance image storage with Ceph RBD.
Integrate Ceph with Cinder
- Understand, locate, and integrate Cinder with Ceph RBD.
Ceph and RADOSGW replacing Swift
- Learn about Keystone and Swift and integrate with RADOSGW.