Manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments (CL221)
- IT professionals with Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalence system administration skills
- Infrastructure managers seeking to control, monitor and audit their infrastructures
- System and VM administrators seeking to manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
- System and VM administrators who already have a cloud deployment seeking to simplify management
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent system administration skills
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, vSphere, or Amazon EC2 is helpful, but not required
- Course Content Summary
- Perform initial configuration of CloudForms appliance
- Deploy virtual machines
- Perform policy-based management
- Customize a dashboard
- Create a catalog
- Provision services
- Analyze timelines and events
- Run automations
Module 1: Architecture overview
Learn about the Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine appliance architecture.
Module 2: Initial setup
Deploy a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance.
Module 3: Configuration
Configure a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance to work with your cloud environment.
Module 4: Provisioning
Deploy a virtual machine (VM) with templates and customization.
Module 5: Policy-based administration
Manage and audit VMs from within a policy.
Module 6: Reporting
Report on VM and resource usage.
Module 7: User customizations
Adapt the CloudForms interface to user needs.
Module 8: Manage the lifecycle
Use the CloudForms lifecycle management features.
Module 9: Use intelligence
Understand capacity and usage metrics.
Module 10: Exploit monitoring features
Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
Module 11: Discover CloudForms Automate
Execute automations to speed up delivery.
Module 12: Catalogs and services
Define the catalog and services.