Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (CPLL-DCMDS-V3)
The Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.5 course shows you how to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches, to build highly available, scalable storage networks.
Through a combination of instructor video, text, and extensive hands-on practice, you will learn how to deploy and use capabilities such as virtual storage area networks (VSANs), role-based access control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. You will learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone mergers.
This course helps you prepare to take the Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN) exam, which leads to CCNP Data Center and the Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
Associated Certification: CCNP Data Center
Associated Exam: 300-625 DCSAN
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Discover and describe the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform of multilayer switches and directors
- Provision Cisco MDS Switches
- Describe key product features of the MDS platform
- Describe and implement automation on Cisco MDS Switches
- Configure and implement the Cisco MDS switches and platform features
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot Fibre Channel domains, zones and zone merges, and switch boot and firmware upgrades
- Technical decision makers
- Network architects
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
- Basic routing and switching knowledge
The following courses may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
- Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU)