Introduction to Cisco IOS XR (CPLL-IOSXR100-V2)
The Introduction to Cisco IOS XR (IOSXR100) v2.0 course introduces you to the features and functions of the Cisco IOS® XR Software operating system.
You will learn the fundamental concepts on which the operating system is based, as well as Cisco IOS XR basic operations, system administration, and troubleshooting.
Through a combination of instructor videos and hands-on lab exercises, you gain an understanding of all major aspects of the operating system, including the architecture, high-availability components, scalability features, configuration basics, basic software operations, configuration file overview, Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) services, Network Time Protocol (NTP) configuration, packet filtering, and management plane protection. You will also learn how to monitor the Cisco IOS XR operating system, and how to work with error messages and core dumps.
Associated Certification: None
Associated Exam: None
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Cisco IOS XR Software architecture, high availability components, and scalability features
- Perform basic configurations on a Cisco IOS XR router
- Describe Cisco IOS XR Software operations
- Describe the configuration file system
- Perform Cisco IOS XR Software installations
- Configure AAA services
- Configure NTP
- Configure Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), telemetry, and logging
- Configure routing protocols
- Monitor processes
- Use error messages and core dumps
- System installers, integrators, and administrators
- Network administrators
- Solution designers
You should have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Experience working with CLI–based network devices
- Knowledge of general routing concepts