Implementing Cisco Service Provider VPN Services (SPVI) v1.0 (CPLL-SPVI-V1)
The Implementing Cisco Service Provider VPN Services (SPVI) v1.0 course prepares you to manage end-customer VPN environments built over a common service provider Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) backbone.
You will complete hands-on labs to reinforce MPLS VPN fundamental concepts, benefits, and classification; MPLS components; MPLS control plane and data plane operations; MPLS VPN routing using Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF); Layer 2 and Layer 3 MPLS VPNs; IPv6 MPLS VPN implementations; IP Multicast VPNs; and shared services VPNs. The course also covers solutions for deploying MPLS VPN crossing multiple service provider domains that improve the use of network bandwidth.
This course helps you prepare for the Implementing Cisco Service Provider VPN Services (300-515 SPVI) exam. By passing this exam, you earn the Cisco Certified Specialist - Service Provider VPN Services Implementation certification, and you satisfy the concentration exam requirement for the CCNP Service Provider certification.
Associated Certification: CCNP Service Provider
Associated Exam: 300-515 SPVI
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe VPN concepts and operation in a service provider environment
- Implement Layer 3 MPLS VPN operations in a service provider environment
- Implement Layer 3 Inter-domain MPLS VPN services traversing multiple service providers
- Implement Layer 3 Multicast MPLS VPN operations in a service provider environment
- Troubleshoot typical issues in Layer 3 MPLS VPN environments
- Implement Layer 2 VPN operations in a service provider environment
- Troubleshoot Layer 2 VPN issues in a service provider network
- Implement MPLS VPN solutions for IPv6 environments
- Troubleshoot MPLS VPN solutions for IPv6 environments
This course is for network professionals who need to learn the techniques to implement, configure, monitor, and support service provider VPN solutions based on MPLS backbones.
- Network administrators
- Network engineers
- Network supervisors
- Network managers
- Network Operations Center (NOC) personnel
- Network designers
- Network architects
- Channel partners
Before taking this course, you should have service provider knowledge at the professional level, equivalent to the material in the following Cisco courses:
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks Part 1 (SPNGN1) v1.2
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks Part 2 (SPNGN2) v1.2
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE)
In the new certification program, foundational material is covered in these courses:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
- Understanding Cisco Service Provider Network Foundations (SPFNDU)
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Service Provider Network Core Technologies (SPCOR)