Implementing Cisco Virtual Wide Area Application Services (CPLL-VWAAS-V1)
This course teaches learners how to deploy, configure, operate, maintain and support a solution using Cisco Virtual Wide Area Application Services (VWAAS) that provides performance optimization for application data over WAN.
The learner will also understand the Cisco VWAAS optimization technologies, protocols, services, functions, advanced features and operation. The learner will learn how to implement, integrate, install, manage and troubleshoot Cisco VWAAS solutions in diverse data center virtualization environments such as in enterprise networks and virtual private clouds. In this course the learner will also gain a comprehensive hands-on VWAAS labs experience.
This Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both instructor video and text. Interactivity is enabled through discovery labs, content review questions, and graded challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
Associated Certification: none
Associated Exam: none
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe the benefits and values of WAN application data optimization and acceleration services provided by Cisco VWAAS
- Describe the Cisco VWAAS implementation options in enterprise data center office, branch office, and virtual private cloud networks
- Understand how to manage Cisco VWAAS using VWAAS Central Manager GUI and command-line interface
- Configure, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco VWAAS solutions
- Understand Cisco AppNav and configure the Cisco VWAAS AppNav cluster
- Configure VWAAS for using Akamai Connect features and Akamai Connect servers on content delivery networks
- Data center engineers
- Cloud engineers
- Cloud computing engineers
- Network virtualization services engineers
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills:
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching (or equivalent knowledge)
- Fundamental knowledge server virtualization and hypervisors
- Fundamental knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure
- Fundamental knowledge of WAN Optimization
- Fundamental knowledge on Network Protocols and Applications including HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SMB, NFS, MAPI, VDI