Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Development II (DO295)
Accelerated hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift
Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Development II (DO295) teaches you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift® cluster. Whether you are tasked with writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift. This course is based on OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.
- Explore container and OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container images
- Build custom container images
- Manage and trigger application builds
- Customize an existing source-to-image base image
- Develop an OpenShift template
- Generate health checks to monitor and improve application reliability
Audience for this course
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures.
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Internet access is required for this course in order to access the OpenShift shared and dedicated clusters.
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator is recommended, but not required
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and implement post-commit build hooks.
- Create a multicontainer application template.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam (EX288)
- Building Resilient Microservices with Istio and Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh (DO328)
- Red Hat Cloud-native Microservices Development with Quarkus (DO378)
Introduction to container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate prebuilt container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
Use various application packaging methods to deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster, then manage their resources.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift
Select a containerization method for an application and create a container to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Publish enterprise container images
Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
Describe the OpenShift build process, then trigger and manage builds.
Customize source-to-image (S2I) builds
Customize an existing S2I base image and create a new one.
Create applications from OpenShift templates
Describe the elements of a template and create a multicontainer application template.
Manage application deployments
Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
Perform comprehensive review
Create and deploy cloudinative applications on OpenShift.