DB2 SQL Workshop (CE121G)
This course provides an introduction to the SQL language.
This course is appropriate for customers working in all DB2 environments, that is, z/OS, VM/VSE, iSeries, Linux, UNIX, and Windows. It is also appropriate for customers working in an Informix environment.
This basic course is for everyone needing to write, support, or understand SQL queries. This includes but is not limited to end-users, programmers, application designers, database administrators, and system administrators who do not yet have knowledge of the SQL Data Manipulation Language (DML).
You should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic editing skills
Database skills are not required.
- Code SQL statements to retrieve data from a DB2 or Informix table, including the SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY clauses
- Code inner joins and non-correlated subqueries
- Use SQL arithmetic operations
- Use scalar and column functions
- Use UNION and UNION ALL
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rows
- Code simple CREATE TABLE and CREATE VIEW statements
- Simple SQL Queries
- Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
- Scalar Functions and Arithmetic
- Column Functions and Grouping
- UNION and UNION ALL
- Using Subqueries
- Maintaining data