Tech Data MicroZed Board with IBM Watson IoT Platform (BMA03G)
Register now at this special reduced price for 30 days access to this online course, which will be available beginning February 2016.
The Internet of Things or IOT is a powerful concept that involves providing objects, animals or people the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. IBM's Watson IOT platform provides a means to quickly connect your devices and implement an IOT solution. IBM's Bluemix platform is a platform-as-a-serivce where you can create apps that create meaningful utility from the data your IOT devices collect.
This course will expand and extend the knowledge you've developed with our Building Highly Scalable Apps on the Cloud into IOT technologies.
- You should bring a laptop with at least 2 working USB ports available. In case you have only one USB port then you will need to get appropriate power supply for the board.
- For doing Labs, you will need to purchase Tech Data MicroZed Board.
- You should order and take delivery of your MicroZed board prior to registering for the course
BMA01G - Highly Scalable Web and Mobile App developement on the Cloud with Bluemix
Developers, Architect, Students and Entrepreneurial Developers.
Module 1 - Course Introduction
- Introduction to IOT
- Module 1 Quiz
Module 2 - Introduction to Tech Data MicroZed
- Tech Data Cloud Marketplace Quickstart Guide
- Introduction to MicroZed Board
- Lab 2a - Determine the MicroZed SoM Virtual COM Port
- Walkthrough of Lab 2a - Determine the MicroZed SoM Virtual COM Port
- Lab 2b - Boot Wind River Pulsar on MicroZed
- Walkthrough of Lab 2b - Boot Wind River Pulsar on MicroZed
- Lab 2c - Experience the Wind River Pulsar Platform
- Walkthrough of Lab 2c - Experience the Wind River Pulsar Platform
Module 3 - IBM Watson IoT Platform ( formerly IOT Foundation)
- IBM Watson IoT Platform ( formerly IOT Foundation)
- Module 3 Quiz
Module 4 - Node-RED and QuickStart
- What is Node-RED
- Lab 4a - Create a Simple Edge Device
- Walkthrough of Lab 4a - Create a Simple Edge Device
- Lab 4b - Connect to the Cloud
- Waltkthrough of Lab 4b - Connect to the Cloud
- Lab 4c - Create a Cloud Application
- Walkthrough of Lab 4c - Create a Cloud Application
Module 5 - Registering Your Organization, Device and MQTT
- Registering Your Organization, Device and MQTT
- Lab 5a - Create a Cloud Service
- Walkthrough of Lab 5a - Create a Cloud Service
- Lab 5b - Complete the IBM Bluemix Cloud Application
- Walkthrough of Lab 5b - Complete the IBM Bluemix Cloud Application