Process Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.7 - III (WB824G-SPVC)
This course is also available as classroom course Process Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.7 - II (WB824G).
This course teaches methods for designing and building complex process application solutions with IBM Business Process Manager.
IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive BPM product that provides the visibility and insight that is necessary to effectively manage organizational business processes. This course focuses on the Standard and Express editions of IBM Business Process Manager, but the lessons apply to process implementation on every version of IBM Business Process Manager, including the Advanced edition.
The course begins by exploring the various configurations and the typical topology considerations for IBM Business Process Manager. It then covers the advantages and disadvantages of the coach designer and a headless implementation. The course describes system integration with IBM Business Process Manager through the REST API, and how to integrate disparate systems and data sources through inbound and outbound integrations.
The course also covers Enterprise Content Management (ECM) integration and document events that affect process flow, and challenges you to implement numerous complex real-world implementation scenarios. The scenarios include advanced routing, a cancellation pattern, a multi-instance loop, and the “four eyes” policy. Good practices and proper project governance principles are enforced throughout the course.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course give you the opportunity to develop a process application that enhances the function, usability, performance, and maintainability of a business process.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows operating system.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
This course is designed for process application developers with experience in implementing IBM Business Process Manager, or other project team members who design, architect, and build complex process applications.
Before taking this course, you should:
- Successfully complete course WB823 or ZB823, Process Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.7 - I
- Build and deploy at least one IBM Business Process Manager process application release into production
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe IBM Business Process Manager topology considerations and typical system configurations
- Use the REST API tester to integrate with external systems
- Integrate with a Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) system and use content events in a process
- Translate a coach into numerous languages through localization
- Design an IBM Business Process Manager data architecture for a process application with complex business data
- Model all decision authority for a process and employ complex logic for task routing and assignments
- Construct complex task and process task-to-task interaction controls
- Identify and solve common integration issues
Advanced architecture and topology
External activities and use of the REST API
Exercise: Exploring the REST API
Exercise: Handling content events in a process
Exercise: Localizing a coach
Designing complex process applications
Exercise: Implementing the "four eyes" policy
Managing complex tasks and process interactions
Exercise: Building a cancellation pattern
Implementing a multi-instance loop
Exercise: Implementing a multi-instance loop
Integrating with external systems
Exercise: Building web service connections