Configuring BIG-IP GTM - Global Traffic Manager (F5-TRG-BIG-GTM-IL)
This two-day course gives networking professionals a functional understanding of the BIG-IP® GTM system as it is commonly used. The course covers installation, configuration, and management of the BIG-IP GTM system. This hands-on course includes lectures, labs, and discussions.
This course is intended for system and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP GTM System.
- Common Network terminology
- TCP/IP Addressing and Routing
- DNS Methodology
- Internetworking concepts
- Common elements of WAN and LAN environments,
- Data Center Server redundancy concepts.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to perform an initial configuration using the Setup Utility and build many common configurations using the Graphical User Interface (browser-based). In addition, the student should be able to monitor and manage common tasks concerning traffic processed through the BIG-IP GTM system.
- Installation and Licensing
- DNS Overview
- Accelerated DNS Resolutions
- Intelligent DNS Resolutions
- LDNS Probes and Metrics
- Load Balancing
- Monitors and Probes
- Configuration Files, Logs, and Notifications
- Advanced Topics - DNSSEC, iRules, Synchronization, DNS Integration, iHealth
- Configuration Project
F5 BIG-IP GTM course + exam = BIG-IP GTM Specialist