Juniper Cloud Fundamentals (JCF)
This three-day course is designed to provide students with an understanding of cloud enabled networks, cloud service deployment concepts, and virtualized network platforms such as vSRX and vMX. This course provides a high level overview and understanding of the following concepts:
- Cloud Network Underlays
- Cloud Network Overlays
- Cloud Design
- Cloud Implementation Methods
- Cloud Services
- Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms
Juniper Cloud Fundamentals (JCF) is an introductory-level course
This course benefits individuals responsible for planning and coordinating cloud enabled networks and services in data center, private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud, service provider, and enterprise WAN environments.
- Basic TCP/IP skills
- Basic network understanding
- General understanding of data center environments
- General understanding of enterprise WAN environments
- Basic understanding of virtualization
- Describe network overlay and underlay concepts.
- Describe private, public, and hybrid cloud architecture and implementation.
- Describe the implementation of services in a cloud networking environment.
- Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vSRX platform.
- Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vMX platform.
- Describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper NFX platform.
- Describe the role of Juniper Networks virtualized platforms in public cloud offerings.
- Describe the functionality and use of Juniper Networks Cloud Connector.
- Describe the need for Software Defined Networking.
- Describe basic SDN concepts.
- Describe common types of SDN implementation.
- Describe the main Network Function Virtualization components.
- Describe cloud services monitoring.
- Describe the functions of AppFormix in cloud services.
- Describe SDN WAN concepts.
- Describe the role, functions, and features of the NorthStar Controller.
- Describe the role, functions, and features of WANDL/IP MPLS View.
- Describe the role and functions a vCPE and uCPE components.
- Describe the role and functions of Contrail Service Orchestration.
- Describe Software Defined Secure Network concepts.
- Describe methods to secure an SDN environment.
- Describe the functionality of SDSN components.
1 Course Introduction
2 Cloud Components
- Network overlay and underlay concepts
- Private, public, and hybrid cloud architecture and implementation
- Types of series in a cloud network environment
3 Virtualized Platforms
- Implementation of the vSRX platform
- Implementation of the vMX platform
- Implementation of the NFX platform
- Juniper Networks Virtualized Platforms in Public Clouds
- Cloud Connector
- Lab: Deploying Juniper Networks Virtual Devices – Vmx
4 SDN Fundamentals
- The Need for SDN
- Main SDN concepts
- Common types of SDN
5 Network Function Virtualization
- Introduction to NFV Architecture
- Main NFV components
- Examples of VNFs
- Lab: Manually Deploying VNFs
6 Orchestration and Automation
- Orchestration and Automation tools in cloud networking
- Difference between SDN automation and orchestration
- Roles of cloud networking components
- Role of AppFormix
- Components of AppFormix
- Monitoring services in AppFormix
- Lab: AppFormix
8 SDN WAN Solutions
- SDN WAN Concepts
- Components of the NorthStar SDN WAN Controller
- NorthStar Controller in WAN enviornments
- WANDL IP/MPLSView concepts
- Functionality of IP/MPLSView
9 Cloud CPE
- Legacy Versus Cloud CPE Architecture
- Cloud CPE with Contrail Service Orchestration
- Lab: Cloud CPE (video demonstration)
10 Cloud Security
- Software Defined Security Network concepts
- Security risks in an SDN environment
- Methods to secure an SDN environment
- Lab: Cloud Security using Sky ATP