Junos Space Network Director (JS-ND)
This one-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space Network Director application and to manage devices with that application. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to work with Network Director. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Network Director.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos switching with EX Series, QFX Series, QFabric and virtualized devices using the Network Director software in an enterprise network environment.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, routing, and switching. Students should also attend the Junos Space Essentials (JSE) and Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) courses prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of the Network Director.
- Describe the Network Director modes.
- Describe how to build and deploy profiles.
- Explain how to monitor managed devices.
- Discuss how to generate reports through Network Director.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Network Director Modes
- Network Director Overview
- Network Director Modes
Chapter 3: Wired Device Management
- Wired Device Management
- Configuring and Deploying Wired Device Profiles
- Working with Network Director Lab
Chapter 4: Implementing Zero Touch Provisioning
- Function and Internal Workings of ZTP
- Configure and Implement ZTP with Network Director
- Implementing ZTP Lab
Chapter 5: Virtualization Management in Network Director
- Virtual Systems and Network Director Overview
- Discovering and Managing Virtual Systems
- Enabling and Using Orchestration
- Managing Virtual Systems Lab
Appendix A: QFabric Management
- Discovering and Managing QFabric Systems
- Generating Reports in QFabric
Duration: 1 day
Certification: The student receives a course completion certificate