Junos Space Essentials (JSE)
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with installing Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, the administrative environment, monitoring of the Fabric, performing schema updates, and with how to use Junos Space applications. This course uses the Junos Space virtual appliance for the hands-on component and is based on Junos Space Release 13.1R1.6.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos devices using the Junos Space software.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, administration and monitoring. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the need for Junos Space software.
- Explain Junos Space architecture.
- Describe the Junos Space GUI.
- Describe the components and applications of Junos Space.
- Explain the Junos Space deployment options.
- Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.
- Explain the Network Management Platform user interface.
- Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
- Explore the Network Management Platform.
- Explore the Network Monitoring interface.
- Describe the template user types and template process.
- Create and apply templates and template definitions.
- Describe service automation benefits.
- Explain Service Now application processes.
- Describe the Service Insight platform settings.
Chapter 1 : Course Introduction
Chapter 2 : Introduction to Junos Space
- What Is Junos Space?
- Junos Space Architecture
- Junos Space Applications
Chapter 3 : Junos Space Deployment
- Two Form Factors
- Junos Space Initial Setup
- Guided Demo?Initial Setup and Clustering
- Junos Space Fabric Deployment
- Junos Space Security
- Junos Space GUI
- Lab: Deploying Junos Space
Chapter 4 : Platform Administration
- Job Management
- Roles and Users
- Platform Management
Chapter 5 : Device Management
- Discovering and Managing Devices
- Device Configuration
- Network Monitoring
- Lab: Network Management Platform
Ch apter 6: Junos Space Templates
- Template Introduction
- Template Definitions Creation and Application
- Template Creation and Application
- Lab: Configuring and Applying Templates
Chapter 7: Service Automation
- Service Now
- Service Insight
- Lab: Service Automation
Duration: 2 days
Dates: See course calendar