Junos Troubleshooting in the NOC (JTNOC)
This four-day course is designed to provide introductory troubleshooting skills for engineers in a network operations center (NOC) environment. Key topics within this course include troubleshooting methodology, troubleshooting tools, hardware monitoring and troubleshooting, interface monitoring and troubleshooting, troubleshooting the data plane and control plane on devices running the Junos operating system, securing the control plane, staging and acceptance methodology, troubleshooting routing protocols, monitoring the network, troubleshooting vMX devices, working with JTAC, and using Automated Support and Prevention (ASAP).
The course content is aimed at operators of devices running the Junos OS in a NOC environment. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class
- Reduce the time it takes to identify and isolate the root cause of an issue impacting your network.
- Gain familiarity with Junos products as they pertain to troubleshooting.
- Become familiar with online resources valuable to Junos troubleshooting.
- Gain familiarity with Junos tools used in troubleshooting.
- Identify and isolate hardware issues.
- Troubleshoot problems with the control plane.
- Describe control plane protection features.
- Troubleshoot problems with interfaces and other data plane components.
- Describe the staging and acceptance methodology.
- Troubleshoot routing protocols.
- Describe how to monitor your network with SNMP, RMON, Junos Telemetry Interface, Junos Traffic Vision (formerly known as JFlow), and port mirroring.
- Monitor and troubleshoot vMX routers.
- Become familiar with JTAC procedures.
- Become familiar with Automated Support and Prevention tools in Junos Space.
- Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- Chapter 2: Troubleshooting as a Process
- Chapter 3: Junos Product Families
- Chapter 4: Troubleshooting Toolkit
- Chapter 5: Hardware and Environmental Conditions
- Chapter 6: Control Plane
- Chapter 7: Control Plane Protection
- Chapter 8: Data Plane – Interfaces
- Chapter 9: Data Plane – Other Components
- Chapter 10: Staging and Acceptance Testing
- Chapter 11: Troubleshooting Routing Protocols
- Chapter 12: High Availability
- Chapter 13: Network Monitoring
- Chapter 14: vMX Troubleshooting
- Chapter 15: JTAC Procedures
- Chapter 16: Automated Support and Prevention
- Appendix: Interface Troubleshooting
Students will receive a course completion certificate.