Network Automation in the Data Center (NA-DC)
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in their data center.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- General understanding of data center virtualization;
- Completion of the Advanced Data Center Switching (ADCX) course;
- Completion of the Network Automation Using Contrail Cloud (NACC) course;
- Experience with programming or scripting is recommended (Python, Ruby, Perl, C, or C++).
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify how automation and Network functions Virtualization (NFV) can help data centers.
- Implement automation in an underlay and overlay network.
- Implement Contrail services, security, and analytics.
- Explain the possibilities for extending automation through orchestration.
- Configure Contrail overlay protocols.
- Describe Contrail service nodes and gateways.
- Use Contrail to configure connections to TOR switches using TSM modules.
- Explain how IP fabrics that use Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Ethernet VPN (EVPN) for Data Center Interconnect (DCI) operate.
- Analyze IP fabric DCI configurations.
- Explain the steps for configuring high availability in Contrail.
- Configure the services necessary to support service chains.
- Deploy multidevice service chains commonly seen in data centers.
- Explain the unique security risks and opportunities of a virtualized data center.
- Configure multitenancy in Contrail for increased security.
- Configure security groups in OpenStack.
- Configure MD5 authentication of Contrail BGP sessions.
- Identify what must be monitored for appropriate data center visibility.
- Configure Contrail analytics and monitoring to support data center needs.
- Configure Contrail Ceilometer.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Automation in the Data Center Overview
- Market Drivers for Automation in the Data Center
- Understanding the Underlay and Overlay Network
- Automating Services, Security, and Analytics
- Service Orchestration and OSS/BSS Systems
Chapter 3: Automating the Underlay
- The Evolution of Data Center Fabrics
- IP Clos Routing and IP Clos Configuration Review
- Automating IP Clos Fabric Creation using Ansible
- Use Case: Configuring an IP Clos Fabric using Ansible
Chapter 4: Automating the Overlay Network
- Data Plane Protocols
- Control Plane Protocols
- Contrail Services Using Containers
- Extending Contrail to the Physical Network
- Contrail Storage
- IPv6 Support in Contrail
Chapter 5: Creating a Data Center Interconnect Overlay Network
- Review of DCI Methods
- Challenges with DCI Overlay Networks
- IP Fabric DCI using EVPN and VXLAN
- IP Fabric DCI Overlay Use Cases
- IP Fabric DCI Configurations
Chapter 6: Automating Service Creation
- High Availability in Contrail and OpenStack
- Configuring DNS Services
- Deploying Load Balancing as a Service (LBaaS)
- Configuring Service Chains
Chapter 7: Automation and Security
- Security Opportunities and Risks in the Virtualized Data Center
- Security Inherent in Using vRouters
- Configuring Multitenancy
- Security Groups in OpenStack
- Configuring MD5 Authentication of Contrail BGP Sessions
Chapter 8: Monitoring and Analytics
- Methods of Analyzing using the Analytics Engine
- Bottom Up Approach to Analyzing
- Top Down Approach to Analyzing
- Advanced Analytics: Ceilometer and Heat Autoscaling