Network Automation in the Service Provider Cloud (NASPC)
This three-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Juniper Networks Cloud CPE software-defined networking (SDN) solutions. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to use Contrail Service Orchestrator (CSO), Contrail Cloud, and NFX Series devices to instantiate centralized, distributed, and SD-WAN deployments of Juniper Networks Cloud CPE solution. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with features of each of these devices.
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in service provider environments.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- Basic TCP/IP skills;
- General understanding of data center virtualization;
- Basic understanding of the Junos operating system;
- Attendance of the Network Automation using Contrail Cloud (NACC) course prior to attending this class; and
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented programming and Python scripting is recommended.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of the NFX Series product.
- Describe the hardware and software architecture of the NFX Series product.
- Describe the default management networks of the NFX Network Services Platform.
- Manually configure VNF service chaining on the NFX using both virtio and SR-IOV interfaces.
- Describe the basic features of the CSO portals.
- Navigate the Administrator Portal.
- Navigate the Customer Portal.
- Describe how to add a new tenant to CSO.
- Describe how to verify the status of CSO.
- Navigate the Designer Tools user interface.
- Create a network service design using Network Service Designer.
- Describe the various distributed Cloud CPE deployment models.
- Describe the internal NFX topology created by stage 1 and 2 configuration.
- Describe the workflow for the distributed deployment model.
- Describe how to bypass the redirect server.
- Describe the additional workflow steps for options 1 and 4.
- Describe the Contrail SD-WAN deployment model.
- Describe the internal NFX topology created by the SD-WAN stage 1 and 2 configuration.
- Describe the workflow for the SD-WAN deployment model.
- Describe how to implement intent based policies.
- Instantiate an SD-WAN topology using CSO, NFX, and vSRX Series devices.
- Describe how to monitor all aspects of the Cloud CPE operations using CSO.
- Describe the overall topology of the centralized Cloud CPE (vCPE) model.
- Describe the workflow for the centralized Cloud CPE deployment model.
- Implement a centralized deployment using a combination of CSO and Contrail Cloud.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Evolution of the Telco Cloud
- SDN/NFV Overview
- Today’s Telco Data Center
- Juniper’s Cloud CPE Solution Overview
Chapter 3: NFX Network Services Platform
- NFX Overview
- Hardware and Software Architecture
- VNF Data Plane
- Internal Management Networks
- Initial Configuration and Management
- Service Chaining Examples
- Useful Commands
- Lab 1: NFX Network Services Platform
Chapter 4: Network Service Designer
- Getting Started with Designer Tools
- Network Service Designer
- Lab 2: Network Service Designer
Chapter 5: CSO User Interfaces
- Basic Navigation
- Administrator Portal Walkthrough
- Customer Portal Walkthrough
- Adding a Tenant
- Other User Interfaces
- Verifying the State of CSO
- Lab 3: Accessing the CSO User Interfaces
Chapter 6: Distributed Cloud CPE
- Distributed Cloud CPE Deployment Models
- Internal NFX Topology
- Distributed Deployment Workflow
- Bypassing Redirect Server
- Deployment Options 1 and 4
- Lab 4: Distributed Cloud CPE Deployment
Chapter 7: Contrail SD-WAN
- Contrail SD-WAN Deployment Model
- Internal NFX Topology
- SD-WAN Deployment Workflow
- Intent-Based Policies
- Lab 5: Contrail SD-WAN Deployment
Chapter 8: Centralized Cloud CPE
- Centralized Cloud CPE Overview
- Centralized Cloud CPE Deployment Example
- Lab 6: Centralized Cloud CPE