Sophos Certified Administrator - XG Firewall (XGCA)
The Sophos Certified Administrator program is designed exclusively for Sophos customers. The goal is to enable Sophos customers and end users to become certified on Sophos products. This customer training is designed for technical professionals who will be managing Sophos XG Firewall and provides the skills necessary to manage common day-to-day tasks. It consists of presentations and practical lab exercises to reinforce the taught content, and copies of the supporting documents for the course will be provided to each trainee.
This course is designed for technical professionals who will be planning, installing, configuring and supporting deployments in production environments. And for individuals wishing to obtain the XG Firewall Certified Architect certification.
There are no pre-requisite for this course, however it is recommended that students should:
- Have networking knowledge equivalent to CompTIA N+ or better
- Be familiar with security best practices
- Be able to setup a Windows server
- Have experience of configuring and managing network gateway devices
- Have knowledge of general Windows networking and Microsoft Active Directory
On completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Recognize the main technical capabilities and how they protect against threats
- Complete common configuration tasks
- Manage security events
- Backup and restore the system
- Complete common day-to-day tasks
- View, manage and interpret logs and reports
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Locate and use additional online resources
- Gather information that will assist investigation by Sophos Support
This course is split into different modules, with practical labs combined throughout the course to allow for application of the content discussed.
- Security threats and how the XG Firewall protects against them
- Getting Started with XG Firewall
- Managing Network Protection
- Site-to-Site Connections
- Identity-Based Firewall
- Web Protection and Application Control
- Email Protection
- Wireless and Remote Access
- Reporting and Troubleshooting
To complete the course, trainees must take and pass an online assessment. The assessment tests their knowledge of both the presented and practical content. The pass mark for the assessment is 80%, and trainees should note that to become a Sophos Certified Administrator for Sophos XG Firewall.