Advanced Junos Security (AJSEC)
This five-day course, which is designed to build off of the current Junos Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of virtualization, AppSecure, advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) deployments, Layer 2 security, and Sky ATP. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component.
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Junos security components.
AJSEC is an advanced-level course. Students should have a strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Junos Security course.
- Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
- Implement features of the AppSecure suite, including AppID, AppFW, AppTrack, AppQoS, and SSL
- Configure custom application signatures.
- Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
- Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
- Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
- Use Junos debugging tools to analyze traffic flows and identify traffic processing patterns and problems.
- Describe Junos routing instance types used for virtualization.
- Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
- Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
- Utilize Junos tools for troubleshooting Junos security implementations.
- Perform successful troubleshooting of some common Junos security issues.
- Describe and discuss Sky ATP and its function in the network.
- Describe and configure UTM functions.
- Discuss IPS and its function in the network.
- Implement IPS policy.
- Describe and implement SDSN in a network.
- Describe and implement user role firewall in a network.
- Demonstrate the understanding of integrated user firewall.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
- Transparent Mode Security
- Secure Wire
- Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
- Lab 2: Implementing Layer 2 Security
- Virtualization Overview
- Routing Instances
- Logical Systems
- Lab 3: Implementing Junos Virtual Routing
- AppSecure Overview
- AppID Overview
- AppID Techniques
- Application System Cache
- Custom Application Signatures
- SSL Proxy
- Lab 4: Implementing AppSecure
- Log Director Overview
- Log Director Components
- Installing and setting up Log Director
- Clustering with the Log Concentrator VM
- Administrating Log Director
- Lab 5: Deploying Log Director
- Sky ATP Overview
- Monitoring Sky ATP
- Analysis and Detection of Malware
- Configuring Sky ATP
- Installing Sky ATP
- Analysis and detection of Malware
- Infected Host Case Study
- Lab 6: Instructor Led Sky ATP Demo
- UTM Overview
- Content and Web Filtering
- Lab 7: Implementing UTM
- IPS Overview
- Network Asset Protection
- Intrusion Attack Methods
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- IPS Inspection Walkthrough
- SRX IPS Requirements
- IPS Operation Modes
- Basic IPS Policy Review
- IPS Rulebase Operations
- Lab 8: Implementing Basic IPS Policy
- SDSN Overview
- SDSN Components
- SDSN Configuration
- Policy Enforcer Troubleshooting
- SDSN Use Cases
- Lab 9: Implementing SDSN
- User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall Overview
- User Role Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring User Role Firewall
- Integrated User Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring Integrated User Firewall
- Lab 10: Configure User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Identifying IPsec Issues
- Lab 11: Performing Security Troubleshooting Techniques
- Branch SRX Platform Overview
- High End SRX Platform Overview
- SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
- SRX Interfaces
AJSEC + exam = JNCIP-SEC (Juniper Networks Certified Internet Security Professional Junos Security)