Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Help Desk Support (CXD-105)
Students will leave class with the ability to troubleshoot user issues, including interpreting user needs, asking the proper questions to resolve common issues, and applying documentation practices when troubleshooting to ensure a smooth transition when escalation is necessary.
Who should enroll in this course?
This course is intended for help desk representatives support XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x users.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students:
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Take the free CXA-104 Citrix XenApp 7.6: Overview eLearning course.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Complete help desk tickets thoroughly with the appropriate documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within their scope in a timely manner
- Escalate issues that are out of scope to the appropriate team/individual
- Ensure issues are fully resolved and steps are taken to prevent them from reoccurring
- Think strategically and use the proper consoles during troubleshooting to quickly determine the root cause of a problem.
This course is offered instructor-led (ILT) and virtual instructor-led (vILT) with demonstrations and the practical application of concepts through hands-on exercises in a live lab environment.
Alternatively, it is also offered as an eLearning course with simulations to ensure practical applications of concepts learned within the course.
2 days (ILT or vILT)
8 hour (eLearning)
Currently, there are no certifications related to this course.
Provided is the topic outline for the Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Help Desk Support course:
Module 1: Supporting XenApp and XenDesktop as a Help Desk Representative
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Architecture
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Infrastructure
- Overview of the Help Desk
- Authentication to a XenApp or XenDesktop Environment
- Understanding Citrix Receiver
- Navigating Receiver
- Troubleshooting Receiver Issues
- Delegated Administration
- Working with Machine Catalogs
- Working with Delivery Groups
- Understanding Citrix Policies
- Understanding End-User Profiles
- Troubleshooting Policies
- Printing Concepts
- Default Printing Behavior
- Printer Provisioning
- Citrix Universal Print Driver and Server
- Troubleshooting Printing Issues
- Citrix Director
- Viewing User Details
- Interacting with the End User
- Resolving End-User Issues
- Monitoring with the Director Dashboard
- Troubleshooting Director Issues