Deploying and Managing Office 365 Hybrid Deployments (90 Day) - On Demand (OD10984A)
The audience for this course includes IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn how to implement and maintain Office 365 in hybrid scenarios, where one part of collaboration infrastructure is located on-premises and integrated with Office 365 services. These professionals should have at least 3 years of experience working in their respective fields—specifically, previous knowledge about Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Skype for Business Server (for example, Lync server) is expected. Students who attend this course are also expected to have a fairly broad understanding of Office 365 services administration in general as well as several on-premises technologies such as DNS and AD DS.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 administration and licensing.
- Deploy and configure directory synchronization.
- Plan an Exchange Server hybrid deployment.
- Perform an Exchange Server hybrid deployment.
- Deploy Skype for Business in a hybrid deployment.
- Deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in a hybrid environment.
- Deploy additional Office 365 services in a hybrid deployment.
- Deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later
- Minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services
- Minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business Server2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later.
- Experience working with Office 365 key services such as Exchange Online, Skype for Business and SharePoint Online
- An understanding of the following concepts as related to Office 365: Microsoft cloud services, Office 365 platform
MOC On-Demand is an integrated combination of video, text, practical tasks and knowledge tests designed to help IT experts and developers to expand their knowledge about Microsoft technologies. The courses are a great alternative for anyone wanting to learn independently and at their own pace. They can also be used in the form of a Blended Class together with managed training courses, or as the basis for training solutions with mentoring and other learning programmes.
All Labs within a course can be accessed via the Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) platform. Participants enrolled on a course can start the Labs directly from within a course; they do not need to be set up separately.
Licence codes purchased for the new Skillpipe MOC On-Demand courses can now all be found in the "Digital Library" section. The licence codes for these courses are now provided via the Management Dashboard, just like for the dMOC courses.
System requirements for Skillpipe MOC On-Demand
- Browser: current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome™ or Firefox®
- Internet access: broadband Internet connection (recommended: network bandwidth of over 4Mbps)
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher
Module 1: Introduction to Office 365 administration and licensing
This module describes Office 365, its administration tools, and licensing options.
- Overview of Office 365
- Office 365 administration and role delegation
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Hybrid deployment general overview
This module explains how to describe and configure directory synchronization in an Office 365 deployment.
- Directory synchronization and authentication overview
- Azure AD Connect deployment and configuration
- Managing user and group objects in an Office 365 hybrid environment
This module explains how to plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online overview
- Exchange Server hybrid configuration options and deployment features
- Exchange Server services in the hybrid deployment
This module explains how to perform Exchange server hybrid configuration deployment.
- Using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Managing and configuring the Exchange hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
- Configuring message compliance and hygiene in hybrid environmen
This module explains how to deploy Skype for Business in a hybrid deployment.
- Overview of Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams
- Preparing for the hybrid Skype for Business deployment
- Configuring the Skype for Business hybrid environment
- Using the Skype for Business hybrid configuration with Phone System
Module 6: SharePoint and OneDrive for Business hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for business in hybrid environment.
- Overview of SharePoint Online
- Planning for a SharePoint hybrid deployment
- Deploying the SharePoint hybrid configuration
- Configuring SharePoint services in a hybrid configuration
Module 7: Deploying additional Office 365 services in a hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy Azure MFA, Identity Protection and Azure Information Protection.
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication in a hybrid scenario
- Implementing Azure Information Protection
- Implementing Identity Protection and Azure AD
- Privileged Identity Management
This module explains how to deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
- Planning authentication options in Office 365
- Deploying AD FS for SSO
- Deploying pass-through authentication for SSO