MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 20339-2A: Advanced Technologies of SharePoint 2016 (180 Day) (Q4P-00318)
This course will teach you how to plan, configure, and manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The special areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, and Microsoft Business Connectivity Services. This course also focuses on social computing features, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features. Students also will learn about business intelligence solutions, Enterprise Content Management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. This course also covers how to develop and implement a governance plan, and how to perform an upgrade or a migration to SharePoint 2016.
This is the second in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 6 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 6-month period after you activate the course.
Microsoft On Demand Packaged Set
- Microsoft On Demand Course ODX20339-2A (includes Microsoft Labs Online)
- Digital courseware Course 20339-2A
Students typically should have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint Server and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 R2 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Students should have completed Course 20339-1A: Planning and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2016, or have gained equivalent knowledge and experience before taking this course.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint Server workloads.
- Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies.
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
* The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple solutions in the SharePoint Server space that includes document management, content management, and search.
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint Server 2013 farms across a large enterprise. The candidate should have completed Course 20339-1A: Planning and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2016, or should demonstrate equivalent skills
Before attending this course, students must demonstrate the following skills:
- At least a one-year experience of mapping business requirements to both logical and physical technical designs.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Software management experience in a Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2016 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication and authorization, and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and improved features.
- Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016.
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service.
- Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Plan and configure social computing features.
- Plan and configure web content management for an Internet-facing environment.
- Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Plan and configure business intelligence solutions.
- Plan and configure work management, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features.
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016.
Module 1: Introduction to SharePoint 2016
This module describes the core architectural components of a SharePoint Server environment, and also helps to identify the new depreciated and removed features in SharePoint 2016.
Module 2: Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016
This module describes the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016, and helps you to prepare for a hybrid SharePoint 2016 deployment.
Module 3: Designing business continuity management strategies
This module explains how to select an appropriate database server configuration to meet availability requirements. It also describes how to design a physical architecture and infrastructure to meet high-availability requirements. Finally, this module explains how to develop and implement a backup and restore strategy.
Module 4: Planning and implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
This module explains how to configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS), and describes how to configure and manage the Secure Store Service application. It also explains how you can configure and manage BCS models.
Module 5: Configuring productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment
This module describes SharePoint Add-in architecture. This module also explains how to provision and manage SharePoint apps and App Catalogs. Additionally, this module describes how to provision Microsoft Access Services, Visio Services, Word Automation Services, PowerPoint Automation Services, and SharePoint Translation Services.
Module 6: Managing solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016
This module describes the purpose and structure of SharePoint 2016 features and solutions. In addition, it explains how to manage sandbox solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016.
Module 7: Connecting people
This module explains how to manage user profiles and how to plan and configure My Site and social features. This module also describes how to configure community sites.
Module 8: Planning and configuring web content management
This module explains how to plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements. This module also describes how to configure managed navigation and product catalog sites, and how to configure support for multilingual sites. Additionally, it explains and how to plan and manage design and customization for publishing sites, and how to plan and configure support for mobile users.
Module 9: Planning and configuring Enterprise Content Management
This module explains how to plan for management of content and documents, and how to plan for and configure eDiscovery. Additionally, it describes how to plan for records management and compliance.
Module 10: Planning and configuring business intelligence solutions
This module explains how to plan business intelligence (BI) architecture for SharePoint 2016, and how to deploy and manage BI services. Additionally, this module explains how to plan and configure advanced analysis tools.
Module 11: Planning and configuring productivity and collaboration
This module explains how to plan and configure productivity and collaboration features. This module also explains how to plan and configure composite solutions in SharePoint 2016.
Module 12: Upgrading and migrating to SharePoint 2016
This module explains how to prepare for upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016. In addition, it explains how to manage site collections are how to upgrade them to SharePoint 2016. Finally, the module describes how to upgrade advanced content from SharePoint Server 2013 to SharePoint 2016.