Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Online (RH403R)
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a four-day lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install a Red Hat Satellite 6 server and populate it with software packages. They will also use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. Course participants will also learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet
Who Can Benefit
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
- Previous Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Red Hat Satellite organization
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Incorporate software management into SDLC
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Configuration management with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Configure hosts using Puppet