IBM Content Navigator Administration V3.0.6 (ZF270G-SPVC)
This course is also available as classroom course IBM Content Navigator Administration V3.0.6 (WF270G).
This course provides technical professionals with the skills that are needed to configure, customize, and administer the IBM Content Navigator web client for IBM FileNet Content Manager.
The course begins with an introduction to IBM Content Navigator. You learn how to view, add, modify, and search for content in the web client. You learn how to connect to repositories, create new desktops, define cross-repository searches, create teamspace, configure IBM Content Navigator Sync services and Edit services client, define role-based redactions, and build entry templates. You also configure external share to securely share documents with users outside of your organization. You learn how to customize the desktop appearance, modify menus, icons, and labels, create a viewer map, and register a plug-in.
IBM Content Navigator can be used to manage content from different types of repositories such as IBM FileNet Content Manager, IBM Content Manager, IBM Content Manager OnDemand, CMIS, and Box. This course focuses on IBM FileNet Content Manager.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of IBM Content Navigator.
The lab environment for this course uses Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition.
IBM Customers and Sellers: If you are interested in this course, consider purchasing it as part of one of these Individual or Enterprise Subscriptions:
- IBM Learning for Automation Individual Subscription (SUBR021G)
- IBM Learning for Automation Enterprise Subscription (SUBR005G)
- IBM Learning Individual Subscription with Red Hat Learning Services (SUBR023G)
This course is intended for administrators of IBM Content Navigator.
- Familiarity with content management concepts
- Recommended course or equivalent knowledge: IBM FileNet P8 Platform Essentials (V5.5.x) (F2800G)
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the capabilities of IBM Content Navigator
- View, add, modify and search for repository content
- Connect to repositories
- Configure an IBM Content Navigator desktop
- Define cross-repository searches
- Create teamspace templates and teamspaces
- Configure role-based desktop administration
- Customize the desktop appearance
- Modify menus, icons, and labels in the client
- Create viewer maps
- Register a plug-in
- Configure entry template management
- Build and manage entry templates to add documents
- Associate entry templates with a folder
- Customize property layouts for entry templates
- Configure and work with role-based redactions
- Configure IBM Navigator Sync services and Sync client
- Work with IBM Content Navigator Edit services
- Configure external share and securely share content with external users
Introducing IBM Content Navigator
Exercise: Working with repository content
IBM Content Navigator Configuration
Exercise: Configuring an IBM Content Navigator desktop
Customizing an IBM Content Navigator Desktop
Exercise: Customizing an IBM Content Navigator Desktop
Exercise: Configuring Entry Templates
Exercise: Configuring and working with role-based redactions
IBM Content Navigator Sync
Exercise: Configuring and using IBM Navigator Sync
IBM Content Navigator Edit Service
Exercise: Configuring and using the Edit Service client
Exercise: Configuring and managing external share