AIX I: IBM PowerVM Logical Partition Management (Digital Course) (AN11DG-WBT)
This course introduces system administration concepts in an IBM Power environment. Learn about the features of IBM PowerVM, our hypervisor, and how to start configuring and managing Logical Partitions (LPARs) for AIX using the Hardware Management Console (HMC).
This course will help anyone who wants to use LPARs on IBM Power.
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include:
- Technical IBM personnel
- Business Partner technical personnel
- IT consultants and architects
This introductory course does not require any logical partitioning experience.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended.
- Describe essential concepts that are associated with managing POWER processor-based systems, such as logical partitioning, dynamic partitioning, virtual processors, virtual consoles, and shared processors
- Describe the functions provided by the HMC
- Configure and manage LPARs by using the HMC graphical user interface (GUI) and HMC commands
- Power on and power off the Power Systems server
Unit 1: Introduction to PowerVM logical partitioning Unit 2: Using the HMC to manage servers and partitions Unit 3: Basic LPAR operations Unit 4: Power processor and memory virtualization Unit 5: Power I/O resources Unit 6: Logical partition management Demo: Logical partition management