Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse (40517G)
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At Course Completion
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to plan and implement a migration of your existing on-premises enterprise data warehouse to Azure SQL Data Warehouse and integrating it with both cloud-based and on-premises services and data sources.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Configure Azure Services
- Data and schema preparation
- Migrate the data to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Investigate table distribution in Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Create an Analysis Services Model
- Visualize data with Power BI Desktop