Storage Concepts (CCI0110)
This 2 day course provides a comprehensive introduction to storage technology concepts, terminology and technologies of today's storage industry. The course examines the need for storage solutions to manage and optimize an IT infrastructure to meet business requirements.
The course also examines the major components of a storage system, common storage architectures and the various means of connecting storage elements. It compares network attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) implementations and data protection and storage performance issues. It provides detail on industry-defined tiered storage, virtualization, and storage management strategies.
This course is based on the book Storage Concepts by HDS Academy.
Upon completion of the course, you will gain an understanding of:
- Storage industry concepts and technologies
- Industry-defined tiered storage, virtualization, and storage management strategies
- How Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) solutions enable customers to align their applications and storage infrastructure to meet business needs
- How Hitachi Data Systems products, technologies, and services are used to manage and optimize IT infrastructure
- Introduction to Data Management and Storage Systems
- Storage Components and Technologies
- Storage Networking and Security
- Business Continuity and Replication
- Virtualization of Storage Systems
- Archiving and File and Content Management
- Storage System Administration
- Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Business Challenges
Required Knowledge and Skills
- The book Storage Concepts: Storing and Managing Digital Data by Hitachi Data Systems Academy
- Knowledge of basic computer concepts
- Experience working with PCs or servers (Windows or UNIX)