MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 20341B: Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (90 Day) (Q4P-00012)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills?on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours?with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 3 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 3-month period after you activate the course.
Microsoft On Demand Packaged Set
- Microsoft On Demand Course OD20341B (includes Microsoft Labs Online)
- Digital courseware Course 20341B
This course is intended for people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. Others who may take this course include IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2013. People coming into the course are expected to have at least 3 years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of network administration, help desk, or system administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous Exchange Server versions.
The secondary audience for this course will be candidates that are IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-341: Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 as a standalone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server, including Windows Server® 2008 R2 or Windows Server® 2012.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS).
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including PKI certificates.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy and manage Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and configure the Mailbox server role.
- Manage recipient objects, address policies, and address lists in Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and implement the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2013.
- Securely plan and configure Microsoft® Outlook Web App and mobile messaging using the Client Access server.
- Understand and manage highly available Client Access servers in Exchange Sever 2013.
- Plan for disaster mitigation, implement back up and recovery for Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and configure message transport in an Exchange Server 2013 organization.
- Plan message security options, implement an antivirus solutions, and implement an anti-spam solution.
- Configure permissions and secure Exchange Server 2013.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot an Exchange Server 2013 environment.
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
This module describes Exchange Server 2013 prerequisites and requirements, deployment and management.
- Exchange Server 2013 Prerequisites and Requirements
- Exchange Server 2013 Deployment
- Managing Exchange Server 2013
Module 2: Planning and Configuring Mailbox Servers
This module describes how to plan and configure the Mailbox server role.
- Overview of the Mailbox Server Role
- Planning the Mailbox Server Deployment
- Configuring the Mailbox Servers
Module 3: Managing Recipient Objects
This module explains how to manage recipient objects, address policies, and address lists in Exchange Server 2013.
- Managing Exchange Server 2013 Mailboxes
- Managing Other Exchange Recipients
- Planning and Implementing Public Folder Mailboxes
- Managing Address Lists and Policies
Module 4: Planning and Deploying Client Access Servers
This module explains how to plan and implement the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2013.
- Planning Client Access Server Deployment
- Configuring the Client Access Server Role
- Managing Client Access Services
Module 5: Planning and Configuring Messaging Client Connectivity
This module explains how to plan and configure Microsoft Outlook Web App and mobile messaging in Exchange Server 2013.
- Client Connectivity to the Client Access Server
- Configuring Outlook Web App
- Planning and Configuring Mobile Messaging
- Configuring Secure Internet Access for Client Access Server
Module 6: Planning and Implementing High Availability
This module explains the high-availability technology built into Exchange Server 2013, and some of the outside factors that affect highly available solutions.
- High Availability on Exchange Server 2013
- Configuring Highly Available Mailbox Databases
- Configuring Highly Available Client Access Servers
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Disaster Recovery
This module explain how to plan, implement disaster mitigation, and recovery in Exchange Server 2013.
- Planning for Disaster Mitigation
- Planning and Implementing Exchange Server 2013 Backup
- Planning and Implementing Exchange Server 2013 Recovery
Module 8: Planning and Configuring Message Transport
This module explains how to plan and configure message transport in an Exchange Server 2013 organization.
- Overview of Message Transport and Routing
- Planning and Configuring Message Transport
- Managing Transport Rules
Module 9: Planning and Configuring Message Hygiene
This module explains how to plan messaging security, implement an antivirus and anti-spam solution for Exchange Server 2013.
- Planning Messaging Security
- Implementing an Antivirus Solution for Exchange Server 2013
- Implementing an Anti-Spam Solution for Exchange Server 2013
Module 10: Planning and Configuring Administrative Security and Auditing
This module explains how to configure role-based access control (RBAC) permissions and configure audit logging.
- Configuring Role-Based Access Control
- Configuring Audit Logging
Module 11: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
This module explains how to monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your Exchange Server 2013 environment.
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2013
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2013
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2013