VMware Integrated Openstack: Install Configure Manage [V5] (EDU-VIOICM5)
This five-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to build private cloud using VMware® Integrated OpenStack on VMware proven SDDC. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Integrated OpenStack through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to offer IaaS and PaaS with advanced networking and security features to end users using VMware Integrated OpenStack.
**VMware Live Online Certification bundle promo**
Students who register and attend this VMware-delivered Live Online class before 31st July 2020, will receive 2 free exam vouchers: 1 for the foundations exam, and 1 for the VCP elective exam or digital badge exam, plus have access to the VMware Learning Zone premium subscription, for 6 months free of charge.
- To be eligible for this promotion, you MUST enter the following promotional code during the registration of the class “Q2FY21EMEALOLVOU”
- The free exam vouchers will only be given once the student has successfully paid and completed a VMware-delivered Live Online class on the public open enrolment schedule during the promotion period.
- This offer is not valid for onsite training or VATC delivered classes.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe how VMware Integrated OpenStack fits into the VMware SDDC and its use cases
- List the deployment options and how to install VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe the architecture of VMware Integrated OpenStack and its components
- Configure tenancy and manage user authentication
- Integrate with VMware NSX® and VMware NSX-T™ networking platforms
- Deploy and manage virtual machine instances
- Manage containers using VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes
- Monitor VMware Integrated OpenStack with built-in tools and integrate with VMware vRealize® Operations™ and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- Design an auto-scale, multitier application using built-in automation tools
- List the commands, configuration files, log files, database tables used by VMware Integrated OpenStack Components
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of cloud services.
Customers who attend this course should have the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks.
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system.
- Create snapshots of virtual machines.
- Configure guest customization specifications.
- Modify virtual machine properties.
- Convert a virtual machine into a template.
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template.
Attendees should have the following basic Linux system administration experience:
- Create a file and edit an existing configuration file.
- Navigate to different directories and review log files.
- Basic Linux commands to start and stop services.
- VMware Integrated OpenStack 5.0
1 Course Introduction
- Review course goals
- Review course objectives
2 Introduction to Vmware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe OpenStack
- Describe the services that makeup OpenStack
- Describe VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe NFV and how VMware Integrated OpenStack fits in
- Understand the licensing model of VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Understand the use cases of VMware Integrated OpenStack
3 VMware Integrated OpenStack Deployment
- Understand the role of OMS Server and Ansible
- List the deployment models
- Prerequisites for installing VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Perform VMware Integrated OpenStack high-availability deployment
- Patch and Upgrade a VMware Integrated OpenStack environment
4 VMware Integrated OpenStack Architecture
- List the VM’s deployed after VMware Integrated OpenStack HA installation
- Understand the overall architecture of VMware Integrated OpenStack HA setup
- List the VMware Integrated OpenStack services running within each VM
- Understand the role of each service
- Understand SSL certificates in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Understand keystone use case and its services
- List the features offered by keystone in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- How to integrate keystone with LDAP
- Configuration/log files and database tables related to keystone
- Understand Glance use case and its services
- List the features offered by Glance in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Create flavors and images
- List the configuration/log files and database tables related to Glance
- Understand Neutron use case and its services
- Integrate Neutron with VMware vSphere® Distributed Switch™
- Integrate Neutron with NSX
- Integrate Neutron with NSX-T
- List the configuration/log files and database tables related to Neutron
- Understand Nova use case and its services
- Understand availability zone and host aggregate
- Understand the concept of tenant VDC
- Nova support for multiple vCenter instances
- Deploy an instance using Nova
- Resize an instance and view the console logs
- Configuration and log files related to Nova service
- Understand Cinder use case and its services
- List the features offered by Cinder
- Add a persistent volume to an instance
- Snapshot a Cinder volume and attach to another instance
- List the configuration/log files and database tables related to Cinder
10 Monitoring VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Understand Ceilometer use case and its services
- Enable Ceilometer in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Monitor VMware Integrated OpenStack environment using Ceilometer
- Configuration and log files related to Ceilometer service
11 Automating with Heat
- Define Heat and its services
- Use cases of Heat
- Integrate Heat with vRealize Automation
12 Advanced Features
- LBaaS and its use case
- FWaaS and its use case
- Working with Security and Policies
- Using Hardware Passthrough in VMware Integrated OpenStack
13 Kubernetes Integration
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Deploy VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes
- Integrate Kubernetes with NSX-T
- Manage Containers using Kubernetes
14 Troubleshooting VMware Integrated OpenStack
- VMware Integrated OpenStack top issues
- Troubleshooting scenarios
- Troubleshooting methodology
- Known KBs