Junos Space Essentials (JSE)
This three-day course provides students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multimode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the Fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to automate Junos Space management functions using Ansible.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos devices using the Junos Space software.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, administration and monitoring. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course or have equivalent knowledge prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the benefits of Junos Space software.
- Describe the Junos Space architecture.
- List and identify the components and applications of Junos Space.
- Describe the two different form factors available for Junos Space.
- Perform the initial setup of Junos Space.
- Explain Junos Space security features and requirements.
- Explain how to navigate the Junos Space GUI.
- Describe multi-node Junos Space deployments.
- Describe the services that are used in a Junos Space deployment.
- Describe FMPM deployment.
- Describe High Availability failover scenarios.
- Describe how to manage jobs.
- Describe Roles, Users, and Domains.
- Describe how to recover from password lass and locked accounts.
- Explain how to manage Junos Space Network Management Platform.
- Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
- Edit device configurations.
- Upgrade the firmware of manage devices.
- Describe the differences between template definitions and templates
- Create and use templates and template definitions.
- Create Quick Templates.
- Create and deploy CLI Configlets.
- Describe the purposes of network monitoring.
- View nodes, node links and alarms using the Topology workspace.
- Configure and manage network monitoring features.
- Describe how reports function within Junos Space.
- Manage predefined and custom report definitions.
- Describe how to generate reports.
- Describe the benefits of using Ansible with the Junos Space Collection.
- List the Junos Space Collection modules and describe their purpose.
- Implement basic Ansible playbooks to work with Junos Space.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Space
- Junos Space Overview
- Junos Space Architecture
- Junos Space Applications
- Junos Space Features
Chapter 3: Junos Space Deployment
- Junos Space Platforms
- Junos Space Initial Setup
- Initial Setup of Primary Node
- Junos Space Security
- Junos Space GUI
- LAB 1: Deploying Junos Space
Chapter 4: Deploying Junos Space in a Fabric
- Junos Space Fabric Overview
- Junos Space Services
- Fabric Creation
- FMPM Nodes
- High Availability Failover Scenarios
- LAB 2: Deploying Junos Space Fabric
Chapter 5: Platform Administration
- Job Management
- Roles, Users and Domains
- Recovery from Password Loss and Lockout
- Managing Junos Space
- LAB 3: Platform Administration
Chapter 6: Device Management
- Discover and Manage Devices
- Configure Devices
- Integrated User Firewall
- Upgrade Device Firmware
- LAB 4: Network Management Platform
Chapter 7: Junos Space Templates
- Introduction to Templates
- Creation and Application of Template Definitions
- Creation and Application of Templates
- Quick Templates
- Creation and Application of CLI Configlets
- LAB 5: Configuring and Applying Templates
Chapter 8: Network Monitoring
- Monitoring Network Devices
- Monitoring the Network using the Topology View
- Network Monitoring Features
- Searching for Nodes and Assets
- LAB 6: Network Monitoring
Chapter 9: Reports
- Reports Overview
- Report Definitions
- Generating Reports
- LAB 7: Reports
Chapter 10: Junos Space Automation using Ansible
- Ansible Overview
- YAML and JSON
- Ansible Modules for Space and Security Director
- Setting up the Ansible Environment
- Creating and Running Ansible Playbooks
- LAB 8: Junos Space Automation
Duration: 3 days