IBM Security Identity Manager Foundations (TW255G)
This is an instructor-led course that introduces students to the foundational skills required to install, configure, and administer IBM Security Identity Manager,. IBM Security Identity Manager can be deployed using the following formats software stack and virtual appliance. This course applies to both formats.
The course also includes many hands-on exercises to supplement the lecture. The hands-on labs are conducted using Identity Manager v.126.96.36.199.
This course is designed for system administrators and implementers who deploy and manage IBM Security Identity Manager in an organization.
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
- Familiarity with LDAP and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Familiarity with Linux
- Describe the value proposition of the IBM Security Identity Manager
- Discuss the architecture and deployment process
- Manage organizational structure, users, and roles
- Describe how to upload users to Identity Manager using the identity feed process
- Configure services and policies for Identity Manager endpoints
- Configure and automate resource provisioning
- Customize workflows and lifecycle operations
- Implement reporting using default and custom reports
- Manage access to the Identity Manager consoles
- Configure selective password synchronization
- Manage logging properties
Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Security Identity ManagerUnit 2: Architecture and installationUnit 3: Managing organization, users, and rolesUnit 4: Loading user dataUnit 5: Configuring managed resources in IBM Security Identity ManagerUnit 6: Provisioning resourcesUnit 7: Managing workflows and lifecycle operationsUnit 8: Using the reporting featureUnit 9: Managing access to IBM Security Identity Manager consolesUnit 10. Configuring selective password synchronizationUnit 11. Managing logging properties