VMware Integrated Openstack: Install Configure Manage [V5] (EDU-VIOICM5)
This five-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to build private cloud using VMware® Integrated OpenStack on VMware proven SDDC. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Integrated OpenStack through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to offer IaaS and PaaS with advanced networking and security features to end users using VMware Integrated OpenStack.
**VMware Live Online Certification bundle promo**
Students who register and attend this Live Online class before 31st July 2020, will receive 2 free exam vouchers: 1 for the foundations exam, and 1 for the VCP elective exam.
The free exam vouchers will only be given once the student has successfully paid and completed a Live Online class on the public open enrolment schedule during the promotion period.
This offer is not valid for onsite training classes.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe how VMware Integrated OpenStack fits into the VMware SDDC and its use cases
- List the deployment options and how to install VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe the architecture of VMware Integrated OpenStack and its components
- Configure tenancy and manage user authentication
- Integrate with VMware NSX® and VMware NSX-T™ networking platforms
- Deploy and manage virtual machine instances
- Manage containers using VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes
- Monitor VMware Integrated OpenStack with built-in tools and integrate with VMware vRealize® Operations™ and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- Design an auto-scale, multitier application using built-in automation tools
- List the commands, configuration files, log files, database tables used by VMware Integrated OpenStack Components
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of cloud services.
Customers who attend this course should have the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks.
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system.
- Create snapshots of virtual machines.
- Configure guest customization specifications.
- Modify virtual machine properties.
- Convert a virtual machine into a template.
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template.
Attendees should have the following basic Linux system administration experience:
- Create a file and edit an existing configuration file.
- Navigate to different directories and review log files.
- Basic Linux commands to start and stop services.
- VMware Integrated OpenStack 5.0
1 Course Introduction
- Review course goals
- Review course objectives
2 Introduction to Vmware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe OpenStack
- Describe the services that makeup OpenStack
- Describe VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe NFV and how VMware Integrated OpenStack fits in
- Understand the licensing model of VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Understand the use cases of VMware Integrated OpenStack
3 VMware Integrated OpenStack Deployment
- Understand the role of OMS Server and Ansible
- List the deployment models
- Prerequisites for installing VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Perform VMware Integrated OpenStack high-availability deployment
- Patch and Upgrade a VMware Integrated OpenStack environment
4 VMware Integrated OpenStack Architecture
- List the VM’s deployed after VMware Integrated OpenStack HA installation
- Understand the overall architecture of VMware Integrated OpenStack HA setup
- List the VMware Integrated OpenStack services running within each VM
- Understand the role of each service
- Understand SSL certificates in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Understand keystone use case and its services
- List the features offered by keystone in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- How to integrate keystone with LDAP
- Configuration/log files and database tables related to keystone
- Understand Glance use case and its services
- List the features offered by Glance in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Create flavors and images
- List the configuration/log files and database tables related to Glance
- Understand Neutron use case and its services
- Integrate Neutron with VMware vSphere® Distributed Switch™
- Integrate Neutron with NSX
- Integrate Neutron with NSX-T
- List the configuration/log files and database tables related to Neutron
- Understand Nova use case and its services
- Understand availability zone and host aggregate
- Understand the concept of tenant VDC
- Nova support for multiple vCenter instances
- Deploy an instance using Nova
- Resize an instance and view the console logs
- Configuration and log files related to Nova service
- Understand Cinder use case and its services
- List the features offered by Cinder
- Add a persistent volume to an instance
- Snapshot a Cinder volume and attach to another instance
- List the configuration/log files and database tables related to Cinder
10 Monitoring VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Understand Ceilometer use case and its services
- Enable Ceilometer in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Monitor VMware Integrated OpenStack environment using Ceilometer
- Configuration and log files related to Ceilometer service
11 Automating with Heat
- Define Heat and its services
- Use cases of Heat
- Integrate Heat with vRealize Automation
12 Advanced Features
- LBaaS and its use case
- FWaaS and its use case
- Working with Security and Policies
- Using Hardware Passthrough in VMware Integrated OpenStack
13 Kubernetes Integration
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Deploy VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes
- Integrate Kubernetes with NSX-T
- Manage Containers using Kubernetes
14 Troubleshooting VMware Integrated OpenStack
- VMware Integrated OpenStack top issues
- Troubleshooting scenarios
- Troubleshooting methodology
- Known KBs