Migrating to SharePoint Online (MS-301T04-A)
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization.
This is the last in a series of four courses for the Teamwork administrator. These courses help prepare for the exam MS-301: Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid.
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role. The role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service.
The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.
The Teamwork administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with the following apps and services: Office, PowerApps, Flow, Yammer, Microsoft Graph, Stream, Planner, and Project. The administrator understands how to integrate third-party apps and services including line-of-business applications.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic understanding of SQL Server management.
- Basic understanding of networking, including DNS.
- Working knowledge of windows server administration.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for content migration process.
- Describe available resources and tools to leverage during migration process.
- Access data to be migrated using SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool (SMAT).
- Migrate content to the cloud using SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT).
- Manage and monitor migration process.
Module 1: Introduction of Migration
This module is all about planning the migration process to the cloud. It provides an overview of resources and tools to leverage during migration process.
- Migration Overview
- Leveraging FastTrack and Partner Services
Module 2: Migrating to SharePoint Online
This module is focused on using SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) to migrate content to the cloud. Specifically, it discusses the requirement and limitation of SPMT. It introduces different migration methods for different data source, such as file shares and SharePoint content.
- Prepare for migration
- Migrate content to the cloud
- Manage and monitor migration process
Module 3: Course Conclusion