Implementing Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB Solutions (90 Day) - On Demand (OD20777A)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 3 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 3-month period after you activate the course.
The primary audience for this course is database developers and architects (IT professionals, developers, and information workers) who plan to implement big data solutions on Azure using Cosmos DB.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- The fundamental concepts of partitioning, replication, and resource governance for building and configuring scalable applications that are agnostic of a Cosmos DB API.
- A basic working knowledge of the Cosmos DB SQL API.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and architecture of Azure Cosmos DB.
- Describe how to design documents and collections to meet business requirements, and how to use the SQL API to build applications that use these documents.
- Describe how to create user-defined functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Describe how to tune a database, and how to monitor performance.
- Describe how to create efficient Graph database models using Cosmos DB.
- Describe how to use Azure Search, HDInsight, Azure Databricks, and Power BI with Cosmos DB to query and analyze big data.
- Describe how to use Cosmos DB as a source and sink for streaming data.
Module 1: Introduction to Azure Cosmos DB
Describe the purpose and architecture of Cosmos DB.
- Review of NoSQL database structures
- Migrating data and applications to Cosmos DB
- Managing data in Cosmos DB
Module 2: Designing and Implementing SQL API Database Applications
This module describes how to design documents and collections to meet business requirements, and how to use the SQL API to build applications that use these documents.
- Document models in Cosmos DB
- Querying data in a SQL API database
- Querying and maintaining data programmatically
Module 3: Implementing Server Side Operations
Describe how to create user-defined functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Server-side programming with Cosmos DB
- Creating and using stored procedures
- Using triggers to maintain data integrity
Module 4: Optimizing and monitoring performance
Describe how to optimize a database, and how to monitor performance.
- Optimizing database performance
- Monitoring the performance of a database
Module 5: Designing and Implementing a Graph Database
This module describes how to create efficient graph database models using Cosmos DB.
- Graph database models in Cosmos DB
- Designing Graph database models for efficient operation
Module 6: Querying and Analyzing Big Data with Cosmos DB
This module describes how to use Azure Search and HDInsight with Cosmos DB to query and analyze big data.
- Integrating Cosmos DB with Azure search to optimize queries
- Analyzing data in a Cosmos DB database using Apache Spark
- Visualizing data in a Cosmos DB database
Module 7: Implementing Stream Processing with Cosmos DB
This module describes how to use Cosmos DB as a source and sink for streaming data.
- Working with the Cosmos DB change feed
- Integrating Cosmos DB into streaming solutions