Design and Deploy Full-Stack Cloud Environments with IBM UrbanCode Deploy (ZQ411G-SPVC)
IBM UrbanCode Deploy is a tool for standardizing and simplifying the process of deploying software components to each environment in your development cycle. When you use blueprints for OpenStack-based clouds, you can use a full-stack approach to simultaneously model the application and infrastructure layers of your deployment.
In this course, you learn how to administer the cloud through both the Blueprint Designer and the Horizon user interface. Hands-on labs use IBM UrbanCode Deploy in a cloud environment and cover integrations with an OpenStack back-end and IBM UrbanCode Deploy, modeling the cloud infrastructure and application layers, provisioning environments from blueprints, creating and using configuration files, updating a running environment, and using Git repositories to store and manage blueprints.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. /terms
This is a basic course for new users of the IBM UrbanCode Deploy Blueprint Designer, such as administrators, performance testers, development teams, and operations leads.
Before you take this course, you should have basic knowledge about the following topics:
- Cloud computing (private and public)
- OpenStack, in particular the Heat project
- IBM UrbanCode Deploy applications and components
- List the concepts and use cases of the IBM UrbanCode Deploy Blueprint Designer
- Configure the IBM UrbanCode Deploy Blueprint Designer for public and private cloud operation
- Model cloud landscapes in a graphical and text-based way
- Deploy simple and advanced cloud environments
- Use the repository for storing and managing blueprints
- Settings and Configuration
- Blueprints and Cloud Infrastructure
- Blueprints and UCD Apps
- Blueprints and UCD Provision