Fundamentals of IBM App Connect Enterprise Application Development (WM669G)
This course introduces solution architects to IBM App Connect Enterprise. You learn how to use IBM App Connect Enterprise to develop, deploy, and support message flow applications. These applications use various messaging topologies to transport messages between service requesters and service providers, and allow the messages to be routed, transformed, and enriched during processing.
In this course, you learn the key features and uses for IBM App Connect Enterprise. You learn the architecture and components of IBM App Connect Enterprise and how it performs basic message processing. You learn the components of a message flow application and how to generate message flow applications from predefined patterns. You also create, test, and deploy a basic message flow application. The course is designed to provide an overview of the full capabilities of application development using IBM App Connect Enterprise 11 without going deeply through each feature.
This course is a subset of the 5-day course: IBM App Connect Enterprise V11 Application Development (WM668/ZM668). Developers who need in-depth training with App Connect Enterprise should take WM668/ZM668.
This course is designed for solution architects.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- A basic understanding of current IT technologies such as Structured Query Language (SQL), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Java, and XML Path language (XPath)
- A familiarity with the Eclipse development environment
- A basic understanding of transport protocols such as HTTP and FTP, and message-oriented middleware such as Java Message Service (JMS) and IBM MQ
- Describe the features and uses of IBM App Connect Enterprise
- Describe the IBM App Connect Enterprise architecture and components
- Describe how IBM App Connect Enterprise does basic message processing
- Describe the components of a message flow application and message processing nodes
- Explain how to generate message flow applications from predefined patterns
- Develop, deploy, and test message flow applications
- Describe the IBM MQ connection options
- Describe logical messages and the message assembly, and explain how they are used in IBM App Connect Enterprise application programming
- Explain the concepts of message models and how they are used to help message transformation
- Describe the file processing nodes
- Explain how to configure database nodes to access user databases
- Describe how to use message flow applications with JMS
- Describe how message flow applications can support HTTP and SOAP messages
- Describe how to deploy applications and shared libraries at run time to affect the visibility of resources
- Course introduction
- Unit 1. Introduction to IBM App Connect Enterprise
- Unit 2. Application development fundamentals
- Exercise 1. Importing and testing a message flow
- Unit 3. Creating message flow applications
- Exercise 2. Creating a message flow application
- Unit 4. Key features of IBM App Connect Enterprise
- Course summary