Introduction to Backup and Restore with AWS (AWSIBRA-OD)
This course is for AWS Partners only, you must have a valid APN login to register. To book this course, please click on the "Register" button where you will be redirected to the AWS website, you must then login to APN to complete the registration process.
In this course, you learn about using AWS as part of your backup solution. You explore the AWS services commonly used in hybrid and AWS cloud native backup architectures. You learn the benefits of using AWS and how AWS storage and network services can fit into your existing backup workflows when modernizing your backup processes.
This course is intended for:
- Anyone considering the use of AWS as part of their backup and restore solution.
In this course, you will learn:
- The AWS storage services commonly used in backup solutions
- The benefits of using AWS as part of your backup solution
- How AWS can fit into your existing backup workflows
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of AWS
- Familiarity with AWS storage services
- Familiarity with backup and restore processes
This course is delivered through:
- Digital training
This course covers the following concepts:
- Course Introduction
- Why use AWS storage for backups?
- Benefits of using AWS as part of your backup solution
- AWS Storage Services
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon Glacier
- AWS Storage Gateway
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS)
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS)
- Data Transfer Services
- AWS Snowball and AWS Snowball Edge
- Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration
- Third-party cloud gateways
- Network Connectivity
- AWS Direct Connect
- Which AWS service should I choose?
- Customer Case Studies
- Backup and Restore Architectures with AWS
- Backup direct to tape
- 2-Tier Backup (backup to disk and tape copy with offsite tape storage)
- Multi-site and Multiple Backup Copies (secondary backup storage site and long term offsite storage)
- Course summary
- Knowledge Check