Security Engineering (CCSE R77)(R77)
Validate your understanding and skills necessary to configure and optimally manage Check Point Next Generation Firewalls. This advanced 3-day course teaches how to build, modify, deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security Systems on the GAiA operating system. Hands-on lab exercises teach how to debug firewall processes, optimize VPN performance and upgrade Management Servers.
Technical persons who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades should attend this course. This could include the following:
- Systems Administrators, System Engineers and Security Managers
- Check Point Certified Security Administrators (CCSA) who want to achieve Expert certification
Check Point Security Administration training or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Follow on course: Check Point Security Master (CCSM)
- Upgrading Check Point Modules
- Advanced Firewall
- Clustering and Acceleration
- Advanced User Management
- Advanced IPSec VPN and Check Point Capsule
- Threat Prevention
- Intrusion Prevention
- Auditing and Reporting
- Upgrading to Check Point R77.30
- Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration
- Migrating to a Clustering Solution
- Security Management Server High Availability
- Configuring SmartDashboard to Interface with Active Directory
- Mobile Access with Check Point Capsule
- Reviewing Threat Prevention Settings and Protections
- Working with Anti-Bot & Anti-Virus
- Deploying Threat Emulation
- Understanding IPS Protections
- Working with IPS Profiles
- SmartEvent and SmartReporter
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server.
- Upgrade a Management Server..
- Perform debugs on Firewall processes.
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment, a ClusterXL High Availability deployment, a management HA deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration.
- Troubleshoot a VRRP deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure User Directory to incorporate user information.
- Manage internal and external user access.
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based using IKEView, VPN log files, and commandline debug tools.
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and MEP solutions.
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels.
- Provide corporate level protection to mobile devices using Check Point Capsule.
- Identify the four steps of emulation.
- Review the methods in which the Anti-Virus and Anti-Bot software blades prevent malware and bot infections.
- Set up a Threat Prevention profile.
- Review IPS profile properties.
- Review the available IPS protections and manipulate the action taken on packets when they match a threat.
- Generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent.
This training prepares the student for the Check Point Certified Security Expert exam.