Configuring Juniper Networks Firewall/IPSec VPN Products (CJFV)
This course is the first in the ScreenOS curriculum. It is a three-day, instructor-led course that focuses on configuration of the ScreenOS firewall/virtual private network (VPN) products in a variety of situations, including basic administrative access, routing, firewall policies and policy options, address translation, and VPN implementations. The course combines both lecture and labs, with significant time allocated for hands-on experience. Students completing this course should be confident in their ability to configure Juniper Networks firewall/VPN products in a wide range of installations.
This course is intended for network engineers, support personnel, reseller support, and others responsible for implementing Juniper Networks ScreenOS firewall products.
This course assumes that students have basic networking knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- The Internet
- Networking concepts
- Terms including TCP/IP, bridging, switching, and routing.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the Juniper Networks security architecture.
- Configure administrative access and options.
- Back up and restore configuration and ScreenOS files.
- Configure a ScreenOS device in transparent, route, Network Address Translation (NAT), and IP version 6 (IPv6) modes.
- Discuss the applications of multiple virtual routers.
- Configure the Juniper Networks firewall to permit and deny traffic based on user defined policies.
- Configure advanced policy options.
- Identify and configure network designs for various types of network address translation.
- Configure policy-based and route-based VPN tunnels.
- Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- Chapter 2: ScreenOS Concepts, Terminology, and Platforms
- Chapter 3: Initial Connectivity
- Lab 1: Initial Configuration
- Chapter 4: Device Management
- Lab 2: Device Administration
- Chapter 5: Layer 3 Operations
- Lab 3: Layer 3 Operations
- Chapter 6: Basic Policy Configuration
- Lab 4: Basic Policy Configuration
- Chapter 7: Policy Options
- Lab 5: Policy Options
- Chapter 8: Address Translation
- Lab 6: Address Translation
- Chapter 9: VPN Concepts
- Chapter 10: Policy-Based VPNs
- Lab 7: Policy-Based VPNs
- Chapter 11: Route-Based VPNs
- Lab 8: Route-Based VPNs
- Chapter 12: IPv6
- Lab 9: IPv6
- Appendix A: Additional Features
- Appendix B: Transparent Mode
- Lab 10: Transparent Mode (Optional)
CJFV + exam: Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate FW/VPN