Configuring and Monitoring Qfabric Systems (CMQS)
This two-day course is designed to provide students with intermediate knowledge of the QFabric system. Students will be provided an overview of the QFabric system with detailed coverage of its components, design, and architecture. Students will learn how the system is deployed and operates and will be provided configuration and monitoring examples. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the QFabric system.This course uses the Juniper Networks QFX3000-M system for the hands-on component.
This course benefits all individuals responsible for selling, implementing, monitoring, or supporting the QFabric system.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Intermediate TCP/IP networking knowledge;
- Intermediate Layer 2 switching knowledge;
- Introductory data center technologies knowledge; and
- Attend the Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) course, or have equivalent experience. Additionally, the Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) course is recommended.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Compare legacy environments with the QFabric system.
- Describe the hardware components of the QFabric system.
- Explain control plane and data plane functions in the QFabric system.
- Describe the goals of the software architecture.
- Explain the purpose and functions of the Director software.
- Configure and verify some key software abstractions.
- List and describe operations of internal protocols used in the QFabric system.
- Perform the initial setup and configuration tasks.
- Configure and monitor network interfaces.
- Log in to system components and verify status.
- Explain bridging concepts and operations for the QFabric system.
- List and describe supported Layer 2 protocols and features.
- Configure and monitor key Layer 2 protocols and features.
- Explain routing concepts and operations for the QFabric system.
- List and describe supported Layer 3 protocols and features.
- Configure and monitor key Layer 3 protocols and features.
- Identify upgrade options on a QFabric system.
- Perform a software upgrade on a QFabric system.
- Associate a QFabric system with Junos Space.
- Use Junos Space for QFabric management and monitoring.
- Identify the challenges of storage in the data center.
- Compare data center storage technologies.
- Describe data center storage networking protocols.
- Explain the basics of Fibre Channel.
- Describe Fibre Channel operation.
- List Fibre Channel layers and speeds.
- Explain the fabric login process.
- Describe the FCoE and FIP protocols.
- Configure and monitor Fibre Channel and FCoE components.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the Fibre Channel fabric login process.
- Monitor and troubleshoot CoS operations pertinent to FCoE transport.
- Monitor FCoE traffic transiting a QFabric system.
- Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- Chapter 2: System Overview
- Chapter 3: Software Architecture
- Chapter 4: Setup and Initial Configuration
- Lab 1: Setup and Initial Configuration
- Chapter 5: Layer 2 Features and Operations
- Lab 2: Layer 2 Features and Operations
- Chapter 6: Layer 3 Features and Operations
- Lab 3: Layer 3 Features and Operations
- Chapter 7: Maintenance and Management
- Lab 4: Maintenance and Management
- Appendix A: Network Storage Fundamentals
- Appendix B: Fibre Channel
- Appendix C: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Fibre Channel Operations