Automation with Ansible I Online (DO407R)
Automation with Ansible I (DO407) is designed for system administrators who are intending to use Ansible for automation, configuration, and management. Learn how to install and configure Ansible, create and run playbooks to configure systems, and learn to manage inventories.
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts
- Use Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks
- Protect encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault
- Use Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Work with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment
Who Can Benefit
System and cloud administrators who need to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and other IT needs.
Have a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
- Introduce and review the course.
- Describe the terminology and architecture of Ansible.
- Install Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
- Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
Manage variables and inclusions
- Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
Implement task control
- Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
Implement Jinja2 templates
- Implement a Jinja2 template.
- Create and manage roles.
Configure complex playbooks
- Configure connection types, delegations, and parallelism.
Implement Ansible Vault
- Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
- Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
Implement Ansible Tower
- Implement Ansible Tower.
Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment
- Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment using Vagrant.
- Review tasks from the Automation with Ansible course.