Applying the Cisco Business Architecture Techniques (DTBAS)
Applying the Cisco Business Architecture Techniques is a 3 day ILT, that covers in depth principal concepts and tools that are central to the Business Lead sales process. Built upon the four pillars of the Enterprise Architecture framework, this course develops and builds skills around understanding the business model of the customer, the current state analysis and a roadmap to a desired outcome on the business transformation roadmap.
Cisco Channel Partner Account Managers, System Engineers and Gold Partners looking to achieve the Channel Partner Business Architecture accreditation
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Identify the business model of the customer.
- Understand their value chain.
- Be able to determine stakeholders and their motivation.
- Formulate a vision and a roadmap to execution.
- Build various artifacts that drive engagements to successful conclusion.
- Drive long-term value and synergies that are mutually beneficial to vendor and customer
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Strong Cisco technology background with both depth and breadth
- Experience with and understanding of Cisco business capabilities and solutions
- Considered an expert in at least two Cisco technology domains
- A technical foundation to allow for understanding and consuming new and emerging technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and a desire to apply them to business challenges
- Soft skills for consulting and customer engagement
- Financial aptitude for understanding and deriving financial value for the business
- Motivated to adopt the business architecture model and stay focused on the business
- Completion of the Adopting The Business Architecture Approach (DTBAA) course.
Testing and Certification
Recommended as preparation for the following exams:
- 820-445 - Applying the Cisco Business Architecture Techniques
Students looking to achieve the Cisco Business Architecture Specialist Certification will also need to have passed the 810-440 (BTBAA) exam
Module 1: Applying the Cisco Business Architecture Techniques
- Motivating Change and Behavior for Engagement
- Understanding the Business
- Preparing to Engage with the Customer
- Identifying Business Possibilities, Opportunities, and Needs
- Defining Business Capabilities, Solutions, and Outcomes
- Delivering the Message to the Business
- Executing on the Plan
- Course Review and Next Steps
Module 2: HES Case Study Account Brief and Background
- Customer Meeting Information
- Corporate Investor Presentation
- Strategic IT Roadmap