Network and Security Manager Fundamentals (NSMF)
This two-day course discusses the basic operations of Network and Security Manager. Key topics include server and domain administration, device configuration, template creation and management, policy creation and management, logging, and report generation. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students gain experience in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting features of Network and Security Manager. Labs will be done on a ScreenOS platform
This course is intended for network engineers, network support personnel, reseller support personnel and anyone else needing a working knowledge of Network and Security Manager.
This course assumes that students have basic networking knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Junos or ScreenOS
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain Network and Security Manager concepts and terminology.
- Set up and administer Network and Security Manager servers.
- Configure domains and administrators.
- Add devices using modeling and importing.
- Work with objects and templates.
- Configure policies.
- Perform routine device management tasks
- Work with logs and reports
- Configure VPNs with the VPN Manager tool
- Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- Chapter 2: Network and Security Manager Concepts
- Chapter 3: Server Administration
- Chapter 4: Domains and Administrators
- Chapter 5: Adding Devices
- Chapter 6: Abstraction?Objects and Templates
- Chapter 7: Abstraction?Policies
- Chapter 8: Managing Devices
- Chapter 9: Logging, Reporting and Monitoring
- Chapter 10:Central Manager
- Chapter 11:Virtual Private Networks