VeriSM Foundation (VERISMF)
VeriSM™ describes a service management approach from the organizational level, looking at the end to end view rather than focusing on a single department. Based around the VeriSM™ model, it shows organizations how they can adopt a range of management practices in a flexible way to deliver the right product or service at the right time to their consumers.
VeriSM™ allows a tailored approach depending upon the type of business you are in, the size of your organization, your business priorities, your organizational culture, and even the nature of the individual project or service you are working on. The VeriSM™ Foundation certification builds the fundamental skills and knowledge enabling individuals to participate in a service organization and to deliver value to the consumer
The target group consists of all professionals and organizations involved in delivering value to customers through the development, delivery, operation and/or promotion of services. The certifications are essential for anyone who works with products and services and will be of particular interest to:
- Graduates and undergraduates – who will be joining organizations and who need to understand the principles of service management.
- Everyone within a service organization, in particular:
- Managers – who want to understand how to leverage evolving management practices;
- Service owners and service managers – who need to bring their skills up to date and understand how service management has changed;
- Executives – who are accountable for effective service delivery;
- IT professionals - who need to understand the impact of evolving management practices and new technologies on their role
The number of contact hours for this training course is 14. This includes group assignments, exam preparation and short breaks. Depending on the previous knowledge of the students, they can choose one of these three different options:
- VeriSM™ Foundation: Broadest scope and deepest vision of the VeriSM™ approach.
- VeriSM™ Essentials: For those that begin in the basic concepts of the service management of the digital age.
- VeriSM™ Plus: Oriented to professionals with previous knowledge of Service Management and who want to delve into the the VeriSM ™ approach
There are no specific prerequisites.
Testing and Certification
The VeriSM™ Foundation Certificate exam takes the following form:
- Examination type: Computer-based or paper-based multiple-choice questions
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book/notes: No
- Electronic equipment/aides permitted: No
- Time allotted for examination: 60 minutes
The following certificates will also lead to a VeriSM™ Foundation certificate:
- A certificate in an existing Service Management certification + the VeriSM™ Plus certificate.
- The VeriSM™ Essentials certificate + the VeriSM™ Plus certificate.
- Module 1: The service organization
- Module 2: Service culture
- Module 3: People and organizational structure
- Module 4: The VeriSM™ model
- Module 5: Progressive practices
- Module 6: Innovative technologies
- Module 7: Getting started