A virtual infrastructure creates an abstract layer between the computer, storage and network hardware and the software running on it. Using this, the data center can be used as a single pool for processing, storage and network output.
The unique architecture of the virtual infrastructure from VMware makes it possible for a business to reduce its IT costs through improved efficiency, flexibility and ability to react.
Benefits with VMware:
- Increase in capacity utilization rates of Intel servers from 5-15% previously to 60-80%
- Readiness times for new applications reduced from days to just a few seconds
- Reaction times to change requests are a few minutes only
- Hardware maintenance without downtime and without time windows having to be taken into account
- Independence from hardware makes optimized purchasing policy possible
- Automation of business processes and dynamic monitoring for reliable and cost efficient operation of virtual infracstructures