Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Design and Process (GO5974)
Learn to design GCP deployments.
This two-day instructor-led class equips you to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud Platform. It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure course and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, you will learn to design GCP deployments that are highly reliable and secure; and how to operate GCP deployments in a highly available and cost-effective manner.
- Cloud solutions architects
- Systems operations professionals
- DevOps engineers
- IT managers
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform
In this course you will learn:
- Design for high availability, scalability, and maintainability
- Assess tradeoffs and make sound choices among Google Cloud Platform products
- Integrate on-premises and cloud resources
- Identify ways to optimize resources and minimize cost
- Implement processes that minimize downtime, such as monitoring and alarming, unit and integration testing, production resilience testing, and incident post-mortem analysis
- Implement policies that minimize security risks, such as auditing, separation of duties and least privilege
- Implement technologies and processes that assure business continuity in the event of a disaster
- Have completed Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure (#5973) or have equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
Module 1: Defining the Service
- Design in this class.
- State and solution.
- Gathering requirements, SLOs, SLAs, and SLIs (key performance indicators).
Module 2: Business-logic layer design
- Microservices architecture.
- GCP 12-factor support.
- Mapping compute needs to Google Cloud Platform processing services.
- Compute system provisioning.
Module 3: Data layer design
- Classifying and characterizing data.
- Data ingest and data migration.
- Identification of storage needs and mapping to Google Cloud Platform storage systems.
Module 4: Presentation layer design
- Network edge configuration.
- Network configuration for data transfer within the service, including load balancing and network location.
- Network integration with other environments, including on premise and multi-cloud.
Module 5: Design for resiliency, scalability, and disaster recovery
- Failure due to loss of resources.
- Failure due to overload.
- Strategies for coping with failure.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery, including restore strategy and data lifecycle management.
- Scalable and resilient design.
Module 6: Design for security
- Google Cloud Platform security.
- Network access control and firewalls.
- Protections against denial of service.
- Resource sharing and isolation.
- Data encryption and key management.
- Identity access and auditing.
Module 7: Capacity planning and cost optimization
- Capacity planning.
Module 8: Deployment, monitoring and alerting, and incident response
- Monitoring and alerting.
- Incident response.